Ronald G. Lieberman, Esq.
Ron is the co-founding shareholder/partner of Adinolfi and Lieberman, P.A. He was voted one of the Men of the Year in 2012 by South Jersey Magazine and voted a member of the 20 Top Business People Under 40 in 2013 by South Jersey Biz Magazine.
Ron successfully completed the requirements for certification in matrimonial law as set forth by the Supreme Court of New Jersey’s Board on Attorney Certification and as a result has been certified as a Matrimonial Law Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A New Jersey attorney who is certified by the Supreme Court as a matrimonial law attorney must be a member in good standing of the NJ bar for over five years, maintain ongoing legal education requirements, demonstrate a substantial level of experience in matrimonial law, be favorably reviewed by other attorneys and judges familiar with his/her work, and take and pass a rigorous examination in matrimonial law. Only 3% of all attorneys in the state achieve this designation.
Ron has been admitted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. The AAML is a national organization that seeks to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law, to the end that the welfare of the family and society be protected. In order to become a Fellow in the AAML, a candidate must have significant family law trial experience, recommendations by the Judges before whom they regularly appear, and they must pass rigorous national and state examinations covering a multitude of complex family law issues. In order to maintain status as a Fellow in the AAML you must take continuing education credits and practice a high level of family law litigation.
Ron is a highly experienced family law attorney focusing in the area of high-end family and matrimonial litigation. Ron appears regularly before the Family Part in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties. He has litigated matters relating to virtually all aspects of family law. He also practices before the Superior Court – Appellate Division where he represented clients in matters involving issues such as enforcement of property settlement agreements, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, custody, college expenses, and counsel fees.
Ron serves or served on all levels of family law-related committees. Ron is a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Law Practice Committee and was recently reappointed for the 2013-2015 Term. He is as a member of the New Jersey State Bar’s Family Law Executive Committee (FLEC) and the co- chair of the Legislative Subcommittee for FLEC. Ron is the Executive Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer which is a scholarly journal publishing on topics related to family and matrimonial law. He is the co-chair of the Family Law Committee of the Camden County Bar Association and the Vice chair of the Family Law Committee of the Burlington County Bar Association. He spent four years as a member of the New Jersey State Supreme Court Domestic Violence Working Group. Ron serves regularly as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist in Burlington and Camden Counties.
In addition to serving on family law-related committees, Ron is involved in the positions of leadership in the Camden County and New Jersey State Bar Associations. He was a Trustee of the Camden County Bar Association for four years and is presently the Secretary of the Camden County Bar Association. He is chair of the Legal Education Committee for the New Jersey State Bar Association; is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Committee; and a member of both the Scholarship Committee and the Editorial Board of Respect Newsletter for the New Jersey State Bar Foundation.
Ron has published articles and columns on family law topics in the New Jersey Family Lawyer and provided lecture materials for numerous public and private entities. He has lectured on family law topics for the New Jersey State Bar Association, Burlington County Bar Association, Camden County Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice, Sterling Business Enterprise, and the National Business Institute.
Ron received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Degree from the University of Delaware in 1995 and received his Juris Doctor Degree from the New York Law School in 1998. He is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
Ron is also admitted to the bars of the State of New Jersey, State of New York, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Ron volunteers with the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey in Cherry Hill in many capacities, including his service as a member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey and a member of the Board of Directors of the Katz Jewish Community Center. Ron is the incoming co-chair of the Young Adult Division of Jewish Federation and previously was co-chair of Super Sunday/Super Week for the Federation. He is the chair of the Cardozo Society of Federation.
Ron resides in Camden County, New Jersey, with his family. His outside interests include music, biographies, and the New York Yankees.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce & Family Law
- Matrimonial Law, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2010
- New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- New York, 1999
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Tax Court, 2009
- New York Law School, New York, New York, May, 1998 Juris Doctor
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, June, 1995 Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, 2011 to Present
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, 2011 to Present
- Executive Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer, 2012 to Present
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer, 2011-2012
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Appellate Practice, 2009 to Present
- Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Legal Education Committee, 2011 to Present
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Respect Newsletter Editorial Board, 2008 to Present
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Scholarships Committee, 2008 to Present
- Vice-Chair, Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, 2012 President
- Chair, Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, 2012 to Present
- Trustee, Camden County Bar Association, 2009 to 2013
- Secretary, Camden County Bar Association, 2013-2014 Term (Presidency to assume in 2018)
- Co-Chair, Camden County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, 2011 to Present
- Chair, Camden County Bar Association, Legal Education Committee, 2011 to Present
- Master, Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inns of Court, 2009 to 2013
- Member, New Jersey State Domestic Violence Work Group, 2007 to Present
- 50 Federal Laws Every Family Lawyer Should Know, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2000
- Family Law 101 Seminar, Camden County Bar Association, 2007, 2011, 2012
- Co-moderator of NJ Family Law Practice 101 for NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education-”Hot Tips in Family Law” -2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Co-presenter of New Jersey Family Law Basics for New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education - 2011
- Presenter at Institute for Continuing Legal Education seminar – “Loan Applications in Divorce Cases” – 2010
- Modification of Limited Duration Alimony, Camden County Bar Association, 2007, 2009
- Deviation from Child Support Guidelines, Camden County Bar Association – 2011
- New Jersey Family Law Practice 101, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Family Law for Paralegals, New Jersey Association for Justice – 2011, 2012, 2013
- Divorce From Start to Finish, National Business Institute – 2011, 2012
- Hot Tips in Family Law, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Getting In, Getting Out, Getting Paid, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2012
- Evidence for Family Lawyers, New Jersey Institution for Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Co-Moderator and Presenter, Avoiding Legal Malpractice, Burlington County and Camden County Bar Associations, 2013
- Winning Relocation Cases, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2013
- Hot Tips in Family Law, Sterling Business Institute, 2013
- Family Law Practice 102, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2012, 2013
- New Jersey Family Law Basics, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- Family Law from A to Z, National Business Institute, 2012
- Family Law: Hot Tips and Issues, Sterling Educational Service, 2013
- Relocation: Winning and Losing, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2013
- Moderator/Presenter, Avoiding Legal Malpractice in Family Law, Burlington County Bar Association, and Camden County Bar Association (2013)
Honors and Awards
- Langkammer Grossman Award, 1995
- Shellie Greenspun Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, 2012
- SuperLawyers Rising Star, Family Law, 2012, 2013
- Men of the Year, 2012
- SJ Magazine, Top Attorneys, Family Law, 2010-2013
- South Jersey Magazine, Awesome Attorneys, 2010-2012
- A-V Rating, Preeminent Status, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-Present
- 20 Inspirational Men of the Year, South Jersey Magazine, 2012
- 20 Under 40 Young Business Leaders, South Jersey Biz Magazine, 2013
- 2014 Camden County Martin Luther King, Jr., Freedom Medal
- Loan Applications: Friend or Foe?, Hot Tips in Family Law (October, 2010)
- What Can We Know About “Known or Virtually Certain” Changes in a Chapter 13 Debtor’s Financial Circumstances, 31 New Jersey Family Lawyer 79-82 (November, 2010)
- Information Gathering: Discovery Techniques and Motions, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Untangling The Web: Discovery of the Finances of a Non-Party in Post-Divorce Economic Matters, 32 New Jersey Family Lawyer 88-93 (November, 2011)
- Divorce Law from A to Z, National Business Institute (2011, 2012)
- A Critical Review of our Current FD Process is Warranted, 33 New Jersey Family Lawyer, No. 4 (February, 2013)
- Can Facebook “Friending” Create the Appearance of Impropriety by a Judge?, 33 New Jersey Family Lawyer, No. 5 (April, 2013)
- Co-Author of Amicus Brief for New Jersey State Bar Association in Segal v. Lynch and Schofel, 211 N.J. 230 (2012)
- Protecting Your Client From a Pro Se Litigant Who Seeks to Waive Counsel in Domestic Violence Matters: A Duty Incumbent Upon All Practitioners, 33 New Jersey Family Lawyer, No. 6 (May, 2013)
- Reported Decision: D.N. v. K.M./K.M. v. D.N., 429 N.J. Super. 592 (App. Div. 2013)
- Will Custody Go Up In Smoke When a Parent Uses Marijuana for Medical Purposes?, 34 New Jersey Family Lawyer, No. 1 (September, 2013)
Past Employment Positions
- Budd Larner Rosenbaum Greenberg & Sade, P.C., Associate, 2001 – 2003
- Archer & Greiner, P.C., Associate, 1999 – 2001
- Hon. F. Lee Forrester, P.J.F.P., Law Clerk, 1998 – 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- Rutgers University Pro Bono Domestic Violence Clinic, 1999 – 2006
- Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, Young Adults Division, 2007 – Present
- Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, Incoming Chair of the Young Adults Division, 2013
- Katz Jewish Community Center, Board of Directors, 2010 – Present
- Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, Board of Directors, 2012- Present
- Chair, Cardozo Society of Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, 2011 to Present
- Jewish Community Voice, Board Member, 2010-2012
- Vice-Chair, Young Adults Division, Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, 2012-Present
- Chair, Young Adults Division, Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, 2013-2015 Term
- Chair, Lexus Raffle Program, Katz Jewish Community Center, 2013-2014