Robert J. Adinolfi, Esq.
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
Robert has successfully completed the requirements for Certification in Matrimonial Law as set forth by the Supreme Court of New Jersey’s Board on Attorney Certification.A New Jersey attorney who is certified by the Supreme Court as a matrimonial law attorney must be a member in good standing of the NJ bar for over five years, maintain ongoing legal education requirements, demonstrate a substantial level of experience in matrimonial law, be favorably reviewed by other attorneys and judges familiar with his/her work, and take and pass a rigorous examination in matrimonial law.
The goal of the state’s certification program is to help the public find attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law.While many practicing matrimonial attorneys advertise in newspapers and television, only those that are certified by the NJ Supreme Court are entitled to use the designation Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
Robert has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 1989. The AAML is a national organization that seeks to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law, to the end that the welfare of the family and society be protected. In order to become a Fellow in the AAML, a candidate must have significant family law trial experience, recommendations by the Judges before whom they regularly appear, and they must pass rigorous national and state examinations covering a multitude of complex family law issues. In order to maintain status as a Fellow in the AAML you must take continuing education credits and practice a high level of family law litigation. Robert has served three years on the Board of Managers and was recently elected as President-Elect after serving as the Second Vice President and Treasurer of the AAML.
In 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Robert was named a New Jersey Super Lawyer by New Jersey Monthly Magazine. To receive this designation and honor, New Jersey Monthly Magazine surveys approximately 35,000 attorneys in the state of New Jersey . A special blue ribbon panel reviews and scores the list of nominees with all finalists’ credentials independently verified. Robert is named as one of the Ten Leaders of Southern New Jersey in matrimonial and divorce law by Digital Press International.
Robert has been listed in the Lexis Nexis Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers in the United States by Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest and most prestigious lawyer peer review rating service and directory in the nation. He has continually achieved the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability. Robert has also been named Strathmore’s Who’s Who as a Lifetime Member for Leadership – Achievement and Dedication, Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in Finance and Business, United States Gold Member Status and the National Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals.
Robert is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section and is a member of the Family Law Executive Committee, and the Camden County Bar Association where he has served as co-chair of the Family Law Committee for the past two years. He is a member of the Burlington County Bar Association and past chair of the Domestic Violence Committee. He has served as a member of the New Jersey State District IV Ethics Committee appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court. Robert currently serves as a volunteer for Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panels and as a Blue Ribbon Panelist for complex matrimonial cases. He previously served for three years on the New Jersey State District IV Fee Arbitration Committee also appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Robert is a former participant in the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law American Inns of Court. This organization is designed to enhance the skills, professionalism and legal ethics of the Family Law Bench and Bar of the Southern New Jersey Legal Community. He attained the level of Master during his tenure with the organization. As a Master, he trained teams of attorneys to present seminars on matrimonial topics. He was awarded the Best Program Award for participating as a presenter during the May 2008 program Out of Order.
Robert frequently lectures and instructs for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association, Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey, Inc., New Jersey Institute of Legal Education, and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He also taught family law classes for the Paralegal Institute originally located in Cherry Hill.
Robert has been interviewed by KYW News Radio, the New Jersey Law Journal and appeared on the local TV broadcast The Law & You. He has appeared in the Courier-Post Ask the Experts column fielding questions on all aspects of family law. He has been interviewed by AP and UPI with respect to the engagement ring case.
Robert has been actively involved in promoting legal education not only to his peers but also to the community at large. For the past twenty years he has lectured at the Burlington County YMCA-Women’s Opportunity Center, an organization that is committed to providing much needed resources to women facing challenging marital circumstances. These lectures provide invaluable and useful information to women facing divorce and family law related issues.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Robert served for eight years as President of the Bishop Eustace Alumni Association. He was instrumental in the formation of the alumni association. He received the Honorary Cum Laude Award in 1997, the President’s Award in 2001 and the Excalibur Excellence and Achievement Award in 2006 for professional accomplishments. He was appointed to the Strategic Planning Committee and Co-chair of the Board of Advisors to the Rector of Bishop Eustace Preparatory School. He also serves on the Foundation and Finance Board of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital and is Chair of the 2009 Gala. As a member of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church in Moorestown, he serves on the Parish Finance Committee, Strategic Planning Task Force for the Parish School, Eucharistic Minister, Knights of Columbus (third degree), and usher. Robert is a member of St. Joseph’s University Law Alumni Association.
Robert coached girls’ baseball and soccer for the Moorestown Recreation Department and girls’ basketball for Our Lady of Good Counsel School. For over ten years, he volunteered his services to the NJ Ballet – Children’s Ballet Theater.
- Divorce & Family Law
Matrimonial Law, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2010
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1989
- New Jersey, 1977
- Pennsylvania, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey, 1977, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence. Honors: With Honors
- St Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1974, B.S., Bachelor of Science, Honors: Cum Laude, Major: Accounting
- Bishop Eustace Preparatory High School, Pennsauken, New Jersey
- Post Break-Up, Who Gets Pre-Marital Property?, NJ. Law Journal, 1991
- State v. Lipski, 238 NJ Supr. 100 (NJ Appellate Division 1990)
- Aronow v. Silver, 223 NJ Supr. 344 (NJ Superior 1991)
- Borzillo v. Borzillo, 259 NJ Supr. 286 (NJ Superior 1992)
- Horswell v. Horswell, 297 NJ Supr. 94 (NJ Superior 1997)
- Eisenhardt v. Eisenhardt, 325 NJ Supr. 576 (NJ Appellate Division 1999)
- Loro v. DelColliano, 354 NJ Supr. 212 (NJ Appellate Division 2002)
- Classes/Seminars Taught
- Family Law Seminars, Burlington County YMCA, 1993 – 2009
- Family Law Courses, Paralegal Instittue; Hot Tips in Family Law
- NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
- Marital Momentum, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2003
- Boardwalk Seminar, Matrimonial Law in the 90′s, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Advanced Family Law Forums, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Greatest Hits in Family Law, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Family Law Updates, Camden County Bar Association
- Privileges in Family Law Cases, Camden County Bar Association
- Trial preparation and Trial Strategies in a Changing Economy, Boardwalk Seminar, 2009
- Post Judgment Motion Practice in a Changing Economy, Boardwalk Seminar, 2009
- Enforcement of Court Orders A-Z, Boardwalk Seminar, 2010
- 09/25/10: “ICLE: Family Law 102” Voorhees, N.J.
- Displaced Homemakers Network of NJ Outstanding Contributions Award, 1993 – 1994
- Distinguished, Burlington YMCA, 1994
- Distinguished Alumni, Bishop Eustace Prep, 1997
- President’s Award, Bishop Eustace Preparatory School, 2001
- Excalibur Excellence and Achievement Award, Bishop Eustace Preparatory School, 2006
- NJ Super Lawyer, 2006 – 2009
- 10 Leaders in Matrimonial & Divorce Law, 2009
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell; Strathmore’s Who’s Who Lifetime Member for Leadership
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in Finance and Business, United States Gold Member Status
- National Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals
- St. Joseph’s University Law Alumni Association, 1978 – Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1989 – Present, Fellow
- New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee
- Bishop Eustace Preparatory Alumni Association, 1993 – 1999
- President; Knights of Columbus, Fourth Degree, 1989 – 1999
- Lions Club, 1985 – 1990
- Member, Haddonfield Business Association, 2000 – Present
- Thomas S. Forkin Family Law American Inns of Court, 2003 – 2010, Master
- Condemnation Presiding Commissioner, 2005 – Present
- Camden County Bar Association, 2007 – Present, Family Law Committee, Co-Chair, 2007; 2011
- Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Past Chair Domestic Violence Committee
- Gloucester County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- NJ State District IV, NJ Supreme Court, Former Fee Arbitration Committee
- NJ State District IV, NJ Supreme Court, 2008 - 2011, Ethics Committee
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2009 - 2011, Treasurer
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2011-present, Second Vice President
- Pro Bono Activities
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, 1989 – Present
- Bishop Eustace Preparatory Alumni Association, 1990 – Present
- Lourdes Health System, Foundation and Finance Board, 2007 – Present
- Haddon Heights Sons of Italy, Lodge 2311
- Birth Information
- 1952, Camden, New Jersey, United States of America